Touch the lives of forest guards in India, and help them derive happiness and recognition from their work.
Help the forest guards to save our forests. A lot of organizations work towards protecting the flora and fauna in our country. But the delivery of this aid is through the forest department. The forest guards ensure this at the grass root level. But they are hardly recognized for all their efforts in a highly daunting environment.
We aim to work closely with the forest department, in supporting the guard infrastructure with essential items such as, clothing + camping gear, equipment’s etc. which are extremely important for patrolling and enforcement leading to a higher morale boosting commitment and effectiveness in an otherwise thankless job. In the process try and help their families, to get a smile and happy moments into the forest guards and his family’s life.
What we do
INFRASTRUCTURE & CAPACITY BUILDING
The infrastructure support is to help the forest guards perform their tasks more efficiently and effectively. To uplift the morale of a force that is otherwise a very committed and diligent force, The GuardBook aims to provide infrastructure as below
- Patrol vehicles: 4x4 vehicles motorcycles
- Cameras for record keeping, and evidence collection
- GPS devices: for mapping the park and Binoculars
- Clothing (uniforms, boots, for all weather and extreme conditions: rain, winter, heat etc.)
- Miscellaneous camping gear during search and other patrol situations
- Insurance cover: medical cover to help them cope with illness inherited in this daunting environment and life insurance for sustenance of families.
FIELD KNOWLEDGE FOR IMPARTING DUTIES: Infrastructure without training would not help. Experts will be called to impart training on the following subjects:
- Field knowledge: Tracking, and study of fauna: Birds, Mammals, Reptiles, Insects, census methods, Vegetation etc. depending on the scope of the work in the respective forest
- Legal: Wildlife Act, Rights of Villagers,.
- Enforcement: Interaction with police, correct/ effective methods of filing First Information Reports (FIRs) to ensure a higher rate of conviction, collection of evidence and handling of the same.
- Use of Fire Arms, First Aid etc.
ECONOMIC SUPPORT: FAMILY AND CHILDREN EDUCATION
Children education: Scholarships for the children, and infrastructure like school bags, books, kits etc.
Dynamo torches, house infrastructure like Solar Lights, blankets, cooking, utensils etc.
My love for nature lead me into nature and wildlife photography. Over time, the visits to the forest became frequent, more with the intention of taking better pictures of the elusive predators, but soon the brave forest guards caught my attention, specially their dedication in a daunting environment devoid of entertainment and motivation. The respect for the men dedicated towards saving nature led me into working closely with various conservation projects across India, and my belief that the all the efforts in the wild have to be executed through the grassroots force and this force is truly neglected, led me…https://www.instagram.com/sashidhar_vempala/
Hailing from a family of avid wildlife photographers and wildlife enthusiasts, Aanand has spent considerable time in India's jungles. His love and passion for nature has helped him understand the importance of empowering those who protect it. Through the Guardbook, Aanand hopes to create a substantive positive impact in the lives of those who work tirelessly to protect and conserve the incredible flora and fauna that inhabits India's forests